How to complain
All organisations must manage and administer funds in a transparent manner meeting quality and accountability requirements.
If you, your carer, or anyone else is concerned about what you are paying for services, you should approach the organisation providing your services in the first instance. If your complaint is not resolved at this level, it can be escalated through the Aged Care Complaints Scheme, or other appropriate body that handles complaints related to your services.
Raising concerns with a service provider
Most organisations and aged care homes have complaint procedures in place to work through the concern with you. We suggest you first talk to your service provider about your complaint and see if they can help. It often works best if you, or the person representing you, talk directly to the provider to sort out any problems. They are there to help you and will listen to your concerns.

If you like, you can have a friend, family member or an aged care advocate come with you when you meet with your aged care service provider.

Whether you make your complaint verbally, in writing or anonymously, the service provider must deal with your complaint.
Making a complaint to the Aged Care Complaints Scheme
Sometimes, complaints can’t be resolved by the service provider, or you might not feel comfortable raising your concern with them.

Anyone who wishes to make a complaint has the right to contact the Aged Care Complaints Scheme (the Scheme). The Scheme is a free service.

For more information about how the Scheme can help you to resolve your complaint, visit the Scheme’s website.
How do I contact the Scheme?
• Online – make your complaint online
• Telephone – call 1800 550 552
• In writing – address your written complaint to
Aged Care Complaints Scheme
Department of Social Services
GPO Box 9820
(Your capital city and state/territory)
What do I include in my complaint?
If you are making a complaint online or over the telephone, you will be guided through the process and told what kind of information you need to give. If you are writing a letter of complaint, make sure it includes:
• your name, address and telephone number
• the date you are lodging your complaint
• details of your complaint, such as specific dates of events
• the name of the aged care service provider and the state or territory where it is located
• the name of the person receiving care.
What happens after I lodge a complaint?
If you provide your contact details, the Scheme will contact you to discuss your complaint.

Information My Aged Website